Thread: You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation

You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation

I am trying to access a network printer here. When I open Windows Explorer and went inside Network I can see the shared printer. When I tried to add the same on my pc I am getting a problem. I am getting a error which is associated with permission issue. I am not able to understand the cause behind the same. I am the admin of my account and the printer is openly shared for everyone. There is no issue at all here. When I try to add the printer manually I am getting this error. What should I do here to fix the issue.

Do you have a windows server on your network. It is essential that you must simply check the printer settings back again. I am sure that will be simply more helpful in fixing the problem. You have to ensure and check the security settings more properly. Windows server has AD through which everything is managed. It is quiet necessary that your system must have appropriate rights for the same. Or else you will keep on getting this kind of issue.

When you see the printer just right click on that and choose connect. If you are still getting the error then you are not logged in as admin. You are in some limited account which is causing the problem. It is quiet important that you must simply check the permission settings carefully. If it is limited or not appropriate then you face this kind of problem. Try to connect back by full admin privileges and then test back.