Thread: Blue Screen, Vista Ultimate RTM

Blue Screen, Vista Ultimate RTM

I am getting bsod on my vista system. The error code here is - 0x000000124 (0x00000000, 0x83fba028, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f). I am not able to understand the cause behind the error. I need some help to fix the problem. Can anyone here guide me how can I deal with this issue. I am having a AMD Athlon 64 processor with Asus A8N32 motherboard. Now when I try to go with a clean setup the system works fine. I had updated all the drivers and installed required software's. But it just crashed after a few minutes. I spoiled all my work. I am not able to find the cause of bsod here.

Can be issue with some internal hardware. It is recommended that you must simply disconnect or remove them and then go ahead with installing new stuff. It will be more better to fix the issue. There can be some pci cards or printer type stuff connected. A driver associated with the same can be buggy and causing the problem. Just disconnect and remove everything from here and then test back. I think that will be more appropriate to fix the issue you are facing.

I got the same problem due to a bluetooth software. I was trying to install Bluesoleil on my pc. I had connected a usb bluetooth. It was detected well but when I try to use it the system crash. I had removed everything and the system went back to normal. And the system started working fine. I found the issue was with the dongle. It was not compatible and the drivers does not look to be appropriate. So I think there will some third party tools or software in the system which is causing the issue.

Try to boot your system in safe mode first. Then go in event viewer. There you can find a set of information based on the errors you are getting. You can simply post the complete report here which will be more helpful in fixing the problem. There can be some damage or incompatible drivers which are common cause of the issue. Try to remove some recently installed drivers or applications from your pc one by one and then check back.

I too think the issue lies with driver compatibility. Can you list what all things are connected to your pc. Just list them one by one. Which would be more appropriate. To get a instant first launch cmd and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This will scan your pc for damage system files and will replace the same. This would be more helpful I think. It is necessary that you must try to run the setup back but this time update all compatible drivers only.

Hi, i am getting the exact same problem.

I notice you have the same series videocard as me (i have a 7600GT). I have also done some testing and the problem does not occur if you uninstall the Nvidia drivers and just use the windows ones. This leads me to believe the Nvidia drivers are a piece of crap. So at this stage the choice is Half-functional Nvidia Drivers and Unstable Vista or Stable Vista and a no-function videocard. Both options are rubbish and Nvidia need to get off their arse and release a driver that works. Hell Vista has been in development for 6 years, it wasn't like Nvidia didn't know it was coming.