Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screen Flicker when opening or closing windows

Joe Guest

Screen flicker

I an getting this as well. Anyone get a resolution to solve this problem? I seems to do this on my laptop no matter what I am doing even if it's on the desktop...

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Brian Guest

screen flickers in vista

Me too. I bet it is a driver issue. I glad I'm not the only one.

Brian Guest

screen flickers in vista

Brian Guest

screen flickers in vista

Holy Jesus This Is Annoying

i totally just signed up here cause mine does this too.. i mean wtf. especially when i minimize or maximize ie... i have other issues as well.. i can't force AA or AF in hl2 or hl2 lost coast. it works fine in doom3 any farcry. what the heck!!! i get poor gaming performance as well. this reminds me of ati drivers way back when. Jesus H. Christ nvidia!

hey guys try watching something in quicktime in firefox you screen may go friggin nuts. i tried every driver available i have the dell e1705 with 7900gs running vista 32 bit home premium. Anyone who fixes this issue or finds the fix before i do I will paypal 10 dollars into their account.

There is a thread running on the Dell Forums concerning flickering when maximizing or minimizing windows on the E1705 in Vista using the 7900 GS. Problem is solved (for now) by de-selecting "Animate Windows when Maximizing or Minimizing". Dell is aware of the problem and will revert "real soon now". Nvidia has released newer drivers that address flickering, but these are not targeted for laptops (yet).

ok you guys can thank me later.... i just found a site that makes drivers for people with laptops and geforce go cards... am using them now. it solved the flickering and other minor problems. i also get higher fps in css and hl2. it runs half life 2 lost coast without breaking a sweat on my 7900gs.

look at the top of the first post and download the driver and the .inf file. once you extract the driver then replace the .inf file inside the folder you extracted the drivers to. (they have a guide on the same page) then you can go to control panel and then device manager then update the vga driver by selecting "have disk" and then your in business. you can use the setup to install but they reccomend it this way. Enjoy your cards in Vista! I can't sleep I'm so excited.

anybody who is skeptical... i know people who have used this site for a while with no problems. they use the whql versions of the drivers and modify the .inf so we can use them on our cards. the reason it is done this way is that nvidia recommends geforce go users should use oem drivers. (which is total bullcrap) but they claim that the manufacturer might have certain enhancements for certain cards. anyways they update these regularly... so enjoy. i had a question about these... i read that you can use the regular geforce forceware dirvers (designed for the desktop cards) if you use the modified .inf .... anyone brave enough to try this let me know how it turns out.

Mine Does it Too:

Can't figure what your pointing to.

oh yeah sorry guess it would have helped to include the link

bobby Guest

Screen flicker after resuming windows - vista

bobby Guest

heres the answer to vista screen flicker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12