Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista BSOD, am unable to shutdown without BSOD, logoff OK

Vista Help

Old 28-01-2007

Vista BSOD, am unable to shutdown without BSOD, logoff OK

I am getting bluescreen on my pc. I am constantly trying to fix the same but it does not seems to be working fine. I had restarted the pc but again the error appear on the screen. I can log off well. When I turn my pc on it works fine for few minutes on boot. But then suddenly it crashes and gives a long error on the screen. The error is : *** STOP: 0x00000018 (0x00000000, 0x84565398, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF). What should I do to fix the problem. I am having Windows Vista here.

Old 28-01-2007

The problem can be due to damage video drivers. It is essential that you must simply go in your system and update the drivers. You can do this for each and every hardware installed on your pc. It is a common bug. Sometime it is also caused due to windows update. It is essential that you must simply get the most recent updates for your system and run the setup. That would be more simple to fix the problem.
Old 28-01-2007

Re: Vista BSOD, am unable to shutdown without BSOD, logoff OK

First boot your system in safe mode. Then go in Event Viewer. Copy the log error related to error description and paste the same here. If your system works fine in safe mode then it simply means some driver or damage file is causing the failure. It is recommended that you must simply check properly. You can run system restore here. If the problem is associated with drivers or any other stuff then it can be resolved by restoring the settings, but if there is a hardware bug then you have to replace it.
Old 29-01-2007

Re: Vista BSOD, am unable to shutdown without BSOD, logoff OK

It is a bit complicated to find the cause of bluescreen. Ample of time occur due to memory errors. While ample of time it occur due to corrupt system files. It is essential that you must simply scan your system well for the same. You can run cmd and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This is a system file checker utility which scans your system for damage files and replace them.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , ,