Thread: On how many computer can I install Windows Vista with single dvd

On how many computer can I install Windows Vista with single dvd

I need some help to install Windows Vista on a multiple systems. I am having only one retail dvd. I want to know that on what number of pc I can install it. I had tried to configured the same on multiple system but it looks the key is not getting activated. I need some help to install the same on different computers. Thanks.

re: On how many computer can I install Windows Vista with single dvd

You can only install the same DVD on multiple system if the disc is a multi user pack. You are not allowed to install that on multiple computers. But you can run a demo. The period is around 30 to 90 days. You can go online on Microsoft website and buy multi user pack. That will give you genuine software. There is no way to install a single dvd on multiple system and register them as licensed OS.

Yes that is right. You cannot install a single dvd on multiple system. I work in a office which has around 100 or higher workstations. We directly buy bulk license that allows you to get the same on a bit cheaper rate compared to actual price in the market. You must do the same. You can buy license keys directly from the official website. Second thing you can do is install a beta edition which is free on other computer. That would be better and it will help you to have similar features of full OS.

You might be able to install it but you cannot activate the same. If you need a cheaper alternative then go for open source operating system like linux. There are many distro available that can provide you a full desktop based interface and they are much easier to use also. And if you find Beta edition then that is also better. But the current one that you will add will be a 30day trial system. The dvd that you have is a single user disc which works only once.

Yes that is right. I had just tied up recently with official distributor for multi user license. I need windows on 40 systems. I cannot rely on trail or beta edition. If you need stability then going for license copy is well and good. Ultimate edition is costlier compared to the regular one. You can go for Home edition multi-user pack and save some money. Some features of ultimate edition will not be provided in that.