Thread: Writes to system volume information saturating disk

Writes to system volume information saturating disk

I am having a Windows Vista system. I had seen the disc activity here is quiet high. The system is getting slower and slower. I got a disk monitor tool that shows the system is simply keeps on spinning. The disc activity does goes down at all. I had in task manager also some applications are just eating a good amount cpu and system resources. Can anyone here guide me how to fix the same. It looks there are some virus in the system which is causing the issue.

There can be some tools or application installed on your pc which are causing that issue. You have to find them and remove it. Sometime windows update or some monitoring tools like antivirus are kind of common cause for the problem. It is recommended that you must disable those services which you are not using. So that will make your system to perform a bit more better. You can find ample of useless service in msconfig > startup menu. Just check the same there and test back.

There are some advance task manager tools that can help you for the same. Just download it and test back. Task Manager software's monitor all the services working in the system. Based on that you can remove which are not needed. A quick way to restore old settings is running system restore. That works really well with slow and systems which are dealing with application problem. It is recommended that you must first run system restore and then test back.