Thread: Forgot Windows Vista Login Password - What to do?

Forgot Windows Vista Login Password - What to do?

Can anyone help me on urgent basis. I just got a new computer and I do not remember the login password. I purchased that from a mall. The salesman asked me to add the password which is quiet out of my mind. I need some tools through which I can either reset the password or remove it. Thanks.

re: Forgot Windows Vista Login Password - What to do?

I face that issue when I was resetting my password. I want to change my password. When I added the different one I was not able to figure out the old one. At the time of resetting it says the password does not match. If I logged out my pc or rebooted then I will surely not be able to login. There is way to fix that I had seen that working well on many computer. Use windows recovery disk for that. It is a small disk that shows you a number of boot options. Boot your system with that. You can see Command Prompt as first option. Open it and then type net user yourusername * hit enter. Do not forget to put the *. Hit enter a number of time your password will be removed. Also removing the CMOS battery for some while is also capable of removing your BIOS password.

If you had kept the guest account on then you can login through that. But it will not offer you privileges to modify account password. There are some options you can try out. First restart your pc. On the login screen press Ctrl + Alt + Del. You can see a classic login box. In the Username type Administrator. Do not put any password and hit enter. If you had not made changes to windows admin account then you will be able to login. Go to control panel and make changes. Second thing you can do is by using OphCrack. This disk is capable of providing Windows login password on boot. It is a bootable cd. You have to download a .iso file and burn the same to disc.

How many accounts do you have? If you have multiple user accounts, you can log on as other account and delete other accouts . But there is a risk that you may be unable to have no access to some files.
    The other way is better, which can help you to reset the previous password without erasing anything and you can log on to your computer with original account but different password. The general steps are as followins:

1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Password Unlocker 4.0 at passwordunlocker.com and decompress it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD.
    2 Get out the newly created CD and insert it to the locked computer.
    3 re-booted the locked computer and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.'''
    4 Setting new password:
    Step one: Open the "Control Panel"
    Step two: Click the "User Account "
    Step three: Select the account you wanna to set a new password.
    Step four: Click "changing Account " and "set up password", then fill out the form as listed. Click "Create Password".

You are a one-trick pony: You have made 11 posts since April 9 - all
    concerning lost passwords, and all to DEAD THREADS FROM ONE OR TWO
    YEARS AGO.

Forgot windows vista password? here is a solution that is safe and easy

don't worry,you can DIY a Windows password reset CD. There is an Windows password unlocker.ISO image file integrated in the windows password unlocker. Burn the .ISO file onto a blank CD with your favorite burners or use the freely burner included in windows password unlocker. With the newly created windows password reset CD, you can reset windows password with our erasing anything else

There is also a program called 'Ultimate Boot CD" you can either burn this to a cd or copy to a flashdrive and boot to which ever you like.

Lost of login password is one of the most common thing. I still wonder why Microsoft does not offers you option to recover that instantly. But there are number of things that can help you out. Do not ever go for formatting stuff. I had seen a number of threads which directly tell users to format their computer if they are not able to login in their Windows. Somehow the easiest way you can go for is removing the CMOS battery for a while. Or resetting the CMOS jumper settings. That's all it will make allow you to login directly. At the time of fresh setup Windows create a automated login password. The solution which is mentioned in the 3rd post by Limitless. Refer to that. On login screen hit Ctrol + Alt + Del and type Administrator in user and hit enter.

That's all. If this does not work then you and modified the Admin login. Second resetting the password in Safe Mode. On restart hit F8 to seen the safe mode menu. Choose Safe Mode. Ample of time you are not asked for login here or the process that I had mentioned above about Administration login on Ctrl + Alt + Del method works here. You can then manage the new password from here. For XP there is a Reset Disk available on Microsoft Site. But I am not quiet sure about Windows Vista. You can try finding the same.

lost windows password? There are 4 methods to recover windows vista password:
    Method 1: Take a rest, and try hard to remember the forgotten password
    Method 2: Try No Password Administrator Login Backdoor
    Method 3: Reset password from another user account with administrator credentials
    Method 4: Do-It-Yourself (DIY) third party recovery tool
    Such as Advanced Windows Password Recovery 3.0
    it support all windows versions, such as recover windows 7 password
    download

Hi,you can follow these steps.
    Method 1: Reboot your machine. Press F8 before the Windows boot screen appears. You will be be prompted with a boot options menu.Select the Start Windows in Safe Mode option. Click through several self- explanatory screens until your reach the familiar 'Welcome' screen. Find the icon for the Administrator user. If the default settings of your system haven't been changed, there should be no password for this account. Login as the admin.And last,go to control panel,click user account,change the password.

Method 2:It that doesn't help,the best and efficient way is using a third party tool like windows password key 8.0 which considered as the best tool to reset local administrator and user passwords on any Windows system.

There are quiet nice solutions mention here. That had helped me a lot to recover admin logins of number of pc I had. From now onwards I keep the password reset disk with me. This is the best way to stay secure from one end. Or else it become a bit more complicated to get the password stuff. There should be some option integrated in Startup repair which must be capable of wiping out your login password also.