Thread: Running an HTA or WSH script as administrator

Running an HTA or WSH script as administrator

How to run a HTA files on Vista with admin privileges. UAC is enabled here. I facing a bit problem running the same. I tried to rightclick on the file and selected run as administrator but that did not worked well here. I had also managed to modify the compatibility settings but that also looks a bit risky. Later on the last thing I did is tried to run the same via cmd but that also failed. I am just stucked with the problem here. I need some help here to run hta or wsh script. I am having a single admin account in my pc.

RE: Running an HTA or WSH script as administrator

Those are simple script which can be interpreted only through mshta.exe and cscript.exe. I am going to give you a link that will give you ample of information on running hta. Just check the below link. It has ample of solution on your issue with complete description about the files. I am sure you will find proper information here.

Introduction to HTML Applications (HTAs)

Right click on cmd and click on run a administrator. If there is any password windows ask then provide the same. Now just drag the script file in the cmd and that's all. Your job will be done. The script will run well in cmd. There will be no error at all. I do not think as you drag the files UAC will block the launch. So just try the drag and drop thing. I hope that might work. You can also try right clicking on the script and selecting open with and choose cmd from the list.