Thread: System Volume Information out of control!

System Volume Information out of control!

I am just facing a problem here. I want to just wipe out system volume information here. The size of the folder is around 60GB. That makes it really huge and it is occupying almost 80% of my hard drive partition. I want to delete it and I want to know who does the size increased so much. I am having a Windows Vista 64bit pc with 320GB hard drive on the system. I am just stuck with the problem. Can anyone help me out to fix the same.

The issue is due to system restore. If it is turned on then you face this kind of stuff. But you can simply turn it off and then issue will be resolved. When system restore is on it saves some data files which are used in future for restoration. Due to which the size keeps on increasing. You can simply turn system restore off and then run a good disk cleanup tool. That's all. The problem will be resolved.

You can download and install a good cleaner tool. I am sure that will be more better to fix the problem you are facing. There are ample cleaner software available in the market. Like CCleaner. Just run the software and then test back. Do that after turning off system restore. Which would be really more better in fixing the problem you are facing. It is essential that you must turn it off or else the file will stay remain in the system.

Turning it off will do the job. Then you can delete the files of system volume information folder. I think that would be simply more easier for you. I do not think cleaner tools here can help. They are just capable of wiping out files from the temp folder. That's all. It will be a bit risky also to delete them manually. There can be some files that might popup error in future. You can set a disk limit for system restore. You can keep that around 10 or 20% so that the space is not completely occupied by the tool.