Thread: virtual drives - don't work! DAEMON tools and more

virtual drives - don't work! DAEMON tools and more

I need some help with configuration of Virtual Drive on my Vista system. I had first tried Alcohol 120%. Then I tried Daemon tools also but that does not looks to be working fine. I am having some game iso files. And with the tool I am trying to open it and run the setup. But it does not looks to be working well. First the setup failed. Then once Daemon tool was installed the system crashed. I am using a 64bit version of windows vista here. Can anyone help me in fixing the problem.

Try Virtual Clone Drive. It is a great tool for mounting image files. You have to download the 64bit version of this tool or else it might not work properly. Also you have to check that you must turn off UAC before using the same. UAC is one of the most common problem behind application crash. My system is also a 64bit version of windows vista. I had downloaded and installed a 64bit version of Daemon tool on the same. And it works fine. I think you are not using the right version due to which you are getting the problem.

There can be some bug with the compatibility due to which you get this kind of problem. You must try to locate the right version of the same and then test it back. I think that would be simply more appropriate. When you download such virtual drive tools it is recommended that you get the 64bit edition only. Or else you will face problem with the setup. You can find more information on the error in Event Viewer. It is a central place where all error log is listed.