Thread: CPU Temperature Program for Vista

CPU Temperature Program for Vista

Hi,

i am already using Windows Vista Enterprises on my computer. Due to some reason i needed to change my Motherboard. I bought a brand new Intel Mobo with Core 2 Duo chip. It came with a CD containing drivers and several Desktop Utilities program. I install the same but the CPU temperature utility wont display the temperature of my system due to some unknown reason. Furthermore I can't seem to find a vista compatible CPU temperature monitor.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Re: CPU Temperature Program for Vista

Can you let us know what is the exact make/model of your motherboard? I am asking this because usually there should be one on the CDs for your motherboard.

Hello meditative. I think you should try out Everest Ultimate Edition which even has a gadget for sidebar that displays temp/fan/voltage info continuously on your desktop silently. If you want you can download it from here. Remember the software is still in beta but works very fine.

That correct SMichael. That software is really very good and useful application for monitoring temps, voltages, and fan speeds. I think everybody should have it on their PCs. However, if you want something free that will monitor your Core 2 Duo's core temperatures, you can use CoreTemp.

Hey even i am looking for some similar app. As suggested above i tried downloading Everest Ultimate Edition but it is not showing up the gadget in side bar. Isn't it compatible with Vista? I am just looking for something compatable with Vista to show me CPU temperature. Please suggest some another Vista working CPU Temp application.

It works fine with my system, dont know what's wrong with yours, Nurturing. Anyways, there is an alternate for the same. Just try out downloading Speedfan from here and see if it works. Along with CPU temp, it also monitors the motherboard and your harddisk(s). Worth having.

That's what I needed...the core 2 duo ran hotter than I expected it to.

Here is something interesting. I read somewhere that Speedfan manufacturer is about to change the latest beta into the operational version. He wants to sign the drivers but is having trouble with the certificates. If anyone knows anything about how to sign drivers with certificates, you might consider commenting on his site.