Thread: Intel HD Audio driver

Intel HD Audio driver

Hi all, i need an urgent help from you all. I am having a Gateway gt 5040 computer running with Windows Vista and having intel high definition sound card. I installed this Vista just two days ago, everything working except the Audio. I tried getting its Audio driver through Windows Update, tried installing right from Device Manager but not able to install the driver. Infact not able to found its driver anywhere.

Can anyone please tell me from where can i get the Audio driver for my Vista system? Many Thanks.

Re: Intel HD Audio driver

First of all i want to check your Computer's Model number. The model you provided "gateway gt 5040" is neither available on Gigabyte official site nor on Google search. So check the model number and reply back with the correct info.

Model number is absolutely correct buddy. Here is a link to it on the gateway site. http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/6075/6075nv.shtml. Now what? Thanks again.

Hello meditative, I found an article on Gateway's support page saying that if you have Intel motherboard then you require Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. Yeah, Realtek drivers work fine on Intel boards with Windows Vista. You can download the Vista Driver for Realtek High Definition Audio at this URL
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Simply download one by selecting your Windows version, save it on your desktop, right click and select "Run as administrator". Hope it works.

Hello Scott, even i am looking for similar help. I am using Vista, Sound not working, check Device Manager it says i have SigmaTel. Where can i get the sigmatel drivers for Vista? I tried searching for hours but dint found a single page providing the same for vista. Even SigmaTel's official site dont have any drivers.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.