Thread: Vista RC1 Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver

Vista RC1 Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver

I am using a HP Pavilion dv8315nr laptop with Windows Vista RC1. This is 64 bit system running with Conexant AC-Link Audio. Couple of days ago suddenly Sound stopped working on this system. I tried few basic troubleshooting after which I came to know that problem is with Audio Driver. I went to Conexant website but surprisingly they only have modem drivers and nothing else. I tried updating drivers from Windows Update right from Device Manger but that too dint worked. I called up HP but they said they don’t have anything regarding Conexant.

Damn, What to do now? Please help.

RE: Vista RC1 Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver

Its not the HP problem friend, the issue is with Vista itself. Even my HP Livestrong L2310 is running with Conexant AC-Link Audio and i faced the problem as you after installing Vista RC1. After spending few hours on web finally found the solution provided here. I will suggest you to simply go through the process and it will fix the problem,

Re: Vista RC1 Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver

You are correct Scarlet, problem is with Vista but not only with RC1, i guess the problem is with 64bit RC1 because earlier i was running Vista RC1 64 bit and my Audio stopped working due to incompatible driver. Tried out several things but nothing worked. Atlast i removed the 64bit version of Vista as 64bit editions use to have drivers issues since long years. Removed 64 bit and installed 32 bit Vista RC1. Guess what its been 3 months and my Audio is working fine without any problem.

Give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion casher but that dint worked for me. I removed 64bit and did a clean install of 32 bit but yet the same problem. To be frank I hate the idea of having to reformat (again) and going down to 32-bit. Anyways, is there any other suggestion or solution how to get back the Audio on Vista RZ1 HP laptop?

Just try out this. Right click My Computer > click Manage, select Device Manager from the left pane. Select your Audio device and then force the driver on? Forcing i mean telling it to look at that folder for the driver? Try this out and if still it wont work then maybe your laptop is messed up??? Did you try the ATI Radeon drivers?

Hello guys, finally i found a fully working fix for the same. Just visit:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...xp=&sloc=en-us