Thread: User Profile not loaded correctly

User Profile not loaded correctly

I am having a laptop which has two operating system on the same. The first is Windows XP and the second is Windows Vista. I got the laptop before with Windows XP. But later on I installed Vista also. And I used Partition Magic to resize the XP partition. There was ample of space in C drive. But now whenever I reboot my pc I am getting a user profile error on the screen. Everytime there is a new desktop. I do not think re-sizing the partition might affect the user profile file. What should I do here.

The user profile is not corrupted due to partition re-sizing. The issue can be due to virus also. In windows xp simply go to system restore. Launch the same and then run it. It will restore the problem. There are ample of things due to which user profile are damage. But on the same hand it is also very easy to restore. System restore is one of the best way of fixing problem but if that does not work then you can try running a windows repair setup. I think that would be more helpful.

I had got that issue on windows vista. But it was resolved as I deleted my existing account and created a new one. I will also recommend you to do the same. Just go in user account settings and delete the old account first. And then create a new one. That will be simply better to restore your settings back as it is. If there are any themes in your pc then just disable it. The user profile also gets corrupted due to constant customization. Just create a new account in your system and I think that will be enough to fix the problem.

It is a common bug. As mentioned above just boot in safe mode first. Then run system restore. That would be really helpful in fixing the problem you are facing. But if you are having some files in that and you want to remover it then you have to modify windows registry. As there is no direct tool available on the same. For that first login in admin account and then go in c drive. Go inside User folder and copy the user name folder somewhere. Then go in C > Users > Temp and delete if you found any similar folder. Then launch windows registry and go to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList location and delete the user profile. Copy everything back to the original place and restart your pc.