Thread: RC2 5744 Weather Sidebar Gadget does not work

RC2 5744 Weather Sidebar Gadget does not work

There is a problem with RC2 side bar widget on Vista. I was having a bit issue with Vista. It was working slow and there were some virus infection also. So I formatted my pc and installed everything back again. The clean setup worked. There was no issue at all. But somehow here the whether widget does not looks to be working fine. I tried a number of setups here but nothing worked out. I am having a constant internet connectivity but the issue lies still the same.

There can be some problem with the widget. You have to change the region here and then check back. Modify the same and see what output you are getting. Sometime the issue also lies with regions. There might be no appropriate servers available which can give you the output of temperature and other stuff. You must just try to change the settings and then test back. I think that will be more beneficial for you to fix the problem.

You can download Weather Vista Gadget from the web and use that. That will be more beneficial I think in fixing the problem you are facing. Just download the gadget and add that on your screen. That's all. I am using this and it works fine. It is quiet lightweight application that works really well. The gadget offers you settings to choose the location from where you wan to pull the weather report. So it is customizable. While ample of gadgets lacks those settings.

In my case weather gadget works really fine. I am also having the same edition of Vista which you are talking about. I had applied the same through the sidebar gadget. There is no issue with the same at all. It is common that sometime ample of applications does not work well and you get this kind of problem. I will advice you to run a clean setup back again. Which will be more beneficial in fixing the problem you are facing. Just run the setup back again and see whether the issue is resolved or not.

I am using a third party tool for the same. I downloaded a weather application which is more intact and appropriate in giving information. One of them is weather display. There are many applications on the web. You can download them and install it in your pc. It will be more helpful for you to fix the problem you are facing. With this you can get instant weather updates on the screen.

the problem is because you've selected a different language for the non-Unicode programs. I try to debug the gadget but i never build a gadgets and find only that server return status forbidden.
    Last edited by vlados; 21-02-2007 at 02:30 AM.