Thread: How do you allow interactive services for a program?

How do you allow interactive services for a program?

Hi, I am having a desktop running Windows Vista Beta 2 successfully from last one month. Yesterday I was checking out the system and reach Event Viewer where I found an entry saying “The AVG E-mail Scanner service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.”

I have no idea what is meant by the same hence tried searching for some related information on web but dint found anything. Apart from this there several more (about 23) events present in the Event Viewer and all generated after installing Vista. Most of the messages seems to be related to DHCP-client, which says:

"The IP address lease xxx.xxx.x.x (each x represents numbers in my ip address) for the Network Card with network address 0020781B9D99 has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message)."

As I said there is no information about the same on web, I request you guys to please provide me some info on these Event entries and solution to fix the same. Many thanks.

Re: How do you allow interactive services for a program?

Hello OmJaa, Are you using the same AVG version which you were using on XP earlier? If yes, then that is the problem. You must know that many softwares including Antivirus which were running fine on XP are simply incompatible with Windows Vista. SO remove that AVG edition, search and download Vista-specific version. Hopefully it will fix the issue.