Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot Extract ISO file on Windows Vista.

Vista Help

Old 28-06-2006

Cannot Extract ISO file on Windows Vista.

I am not able to extract ISO file on Windows Vista. I am having a DVD file. it has some software that was given by my company. There is a readme file in it, which says that it has a udf file system. So it is a kind of iso file support. I am using Winrar to open the file and extracting its content. But the same is not working. I need some help with that. The file size is around 4GB. Is there any better tool available for the same. Thanks.

Old 16-07-2006

What I know about ISO files that you cannot extract its content. It is a image file. You have to burn that on a DVD and then you might be able to see the internal contents. It would be better I think. You just need a simple iso burner, that's all. I am using Nero. There is a tool in it which allows you to browse content of iso file. There are also many third party software that can do this. But I will advice you to create a disc first before trying to extract it. Because if there are some modification or changes done by the tool, your iso file might get corrupted. Try tools like ISO buster.
Old 14-11-2008

I have similar problem. On trying to open a Micro Focus Cobol software download, it stated that (among other things) it required Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. I downloaded a free version "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express) which is suffixed "iso". Search of the internet elicited that "7zipfree_8675.exe" was the program to open the ISO file. This opens a Readme.txt file in Notepad which reads: "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification." (For the life of me I do not understand why Micro Focus uses this file format anyway.) Help to open this file please. My problem resolved once I understood the thing. The ISO file burned to DVD and all is well. Thanks to all the people who have shown an interest.
Old 20-11-2008

You can extract the content and Winrar is capable of reading ISO files. But if there is some issue with that, then you cannot complete the process. There are some profession third party ISO tools that you can use to create a DVD or extract files from it. Creating a DVD and then copy the files from that is one of the best option I think.
Old 23-12-2008

Re: CAN'T EXTRACT ISO FILE

I just came across your problem as mine and now I've figured out that problem.A simple solution, you can reinstall your winrar with the latest version if you have and while installing you need to choose .iso file so that the winrar can recognize the .iso file extention. After that, you can extract the .iso file as any zipped file. Hope it could be useful for the others.
Old 31-07-2009

Winrar offers ISO extraction. I just installed a 3GB game through that. I extracted it completely in a new folder and installed it. It is working quiet fine. It looks there some issue with the file you are having. You have to check the file status properly. Tools like ISO buster are some of the best that offers you to work with ISO files. It is free and available easily for download.
Old 11-12-2010

re: Cannot Extract ISO file on Windows Vista.

I lol'd at the answers here that all fail. It has nothing to do with winrar or iso files or nero of whatever the fukk program you are u using. "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification." Means that the iso file is corrupted. The End. Re-download.
Old 26-07-2011

Is it the same for a Windows 7 Utimate .iso file ???
Old 26-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandeyan1998 View Post
Is it the same for a Windows 7 Utimate .iso file ???
yes offcourse... The way to extract ISO files is same, no matter it is for XP or Windows 7. Just make sure you have updated and working WinRar.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , , ,