Thread: Physical memory dump

Physical memory dump

I recently installed Windows Vista beta x64 bit on one of my desktop. Installation went fine and the system worked fine for a week. Since yesterday whenever i boot my system just after Boot Screen and before Vista logo, it crashes and display a Blue Screen with Physical Memory Dumb error. It keeps rebooting / looping from this stage.

There is no way to get into normal windows mode. I am still able to login in Safe Mode as well as Last Good Known configuration but nothing helps to fix the BSOD. Somebody told me to remove all external devices. I unplugged everything except Mouse and Keyboard but it still crashes and reboots just before Vista Logo.

Any idea what could be the problem and how can i fix it? Many thanks for all your helps in advance.

Re: Physical memory dump

Well the error you have mentioned above is not enough to analyze the cause of Bluescreen. There would be some more error codes and details about the problem. If you are not able to note those error codes because system restarts immediately after the bluescreen then simply login in to Safe Mode and change the startup and recovery options to "do not automatically restart".

By doing so you prevent the system from starting automatically on Crash, It will stuck on BSOD where you can note down the entire message. Just paste that error message here or you can also search Microsoft / Google for possible resolution to the stop error.

Thank you very much for the help JUSTICE. I stopped automatic restart and here is the error i noted down from Blue SCreen:

"nv2ddmkm.sys - address FFFFF98003E6600 bast at FFFFF98003E66000 date stamp 445105AE"

I tried searching for the same on Web and Microsoft but dint found anything working. Hope somebody from here can help me out. Thanks again.

I would file a bug using the feedback tool and include the memory dump file. If you have a second computer you can copy the files to cd and send the
    report from the other machine.

Alright, i would try doing that. But can you tell me where do i need to send that reports? To Whom?