Thread: Anything new for Vista's NTFS?

Anything new for Vista's NTFS?

I just want to know that will Windows Vista have a new version of NTFS. The new one simply look great in terms of performance. I had seen certain edition of Vista that does not give me any information on the new NTFS version. I want to buy a system that would have the new one and I am going to make it my server. So that will be simply quiet enough to fix the problem I am facing. I hope there will be certain models available in the market that has the new NTFS version with more changes and improvements.

If you are going to buy new models then they simply comes with the updated edition of NTFS. So there is nothing to worry about. This is a very tiny thing which is updated by default and not specified with the system features. And I do not think there is any manual process available by which you can simply update that by your own way. But if you are going for vista upgrade on older system then I do not think that is going to help you much.

NTFS is a file system which come updated with the hard drive. You cannot manually perform any kind of setup for the same. It is essential that you must simply try to go for any manual changes. The new file system gives more improved performance with better output and it works really well. But it is only application on new system. I recently purchased a laptop which has the new file system and it works really well here.

Re: Anything new for Vista's NTFS?

WinFS is a really interesting one filesystem. I suppose if you wish to cover more info on it you can find useful information at this source:
    http://www.ntfs.com/