Thread: Warcraft III Frozen Throne compatible with Vista?

Warcraft III Frozen Throne compatible with Vista?

Hi! i had warcraft 3 frozen throne long time ago with windows xp. Then i made the mistake of upgrading to windows vista home premium. Now i installed warcraft 3 reign of chaos and warcraft 3 frozen throne. Everything went fine i played frozen throne for a few hours. But then i turned off my computer to go to work then when i got home and tried playing frozen throne it gives and error message when im trying to connect to battle.net it tells me "there was an error writing to your hard drive while trying to download a file from battle.net you may need to free some space. Please check your hard drive and try again. My warcraft 3 reign of chaos and warcraft 3 frozen throne is up to date i got the version 1.21. I don't know what happened but it was fine for the first time i played. Any help would be appreciated. Btw i have alot space still on my hard drive. Thanks.

Re: Warcraft III Frozen Throne compatible with Vista?

That can be due to low file permission. But you can fix that by running the game under Admin account. For that right click on the shortcut and click on Run As. Choose Administrator for that. I hope the must not give you any error here. Sometime the game tries to download certain files from web. And due to lack of privileges it is not able to write files over hard drive. Once you run that as a Administrator it can download needed files and run them.

thanks i will try that.

I was playing garena frozen throne (dota allstars online) I was playing it fine. I turn on my computer and start frozen throne. It just freezes but I can hear the sound and everything. I have Windows Vista. Anyone help please...

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyboy View Post
    I was playing garena frozen throne (dota allstars online) I was playing it fine. I turn on my computer and start frozen throne. It just freezes but I can hear the sound and everything. I have Windows Vista. Anyone help please...
    Well buddy, i dont think you will be able to play Frozen Thrones on your system as the game is not compatible with Windows Vista. You should check out its system requirements, it is Windows 98/ME/2000/XP or Mac OS 9.0 or higher.

Well it played fine all that time, until yesterday, it just starts to freeze. And froze since. But I guess you can't help me...