Thread: Getting error on vista boot after adding secondary drive

Getting error on vista boot after adding secondary drive

I had recently replaced my innovative HDD through a 128GB SSD. I had installed the innovative HDD in the slot for my DVD drive. The whole thing works OK except to facilitate when I position the apparatus in sleep mode and then open the system I acquire the following error message: Problem Ejecting ST9500420AS, this apparatus is presently in use. Close several programs or windows to facilitate might be utilizing the device and try the entire in excess off again. I had hit it off on OK and the whole thing works extremely well. Does anybody be familiar with why I am getting this error message and what I be able to do to keep it from popping up.

Re: Getting error on vista boot after adding secondary drive

If you eliminate the previous hard drive does the message go away. Perhaps position the DVD drive back in and acquire an external circumambience for the old drive. Depending on brand, create and model of laptop, you might have encompassed an extra bay for 2 hdd's. Might you tell when you opened the back of laptop. There is no bay for a subsequent HDD, I am utilizing the slot to facilitate normally accepts the DVD drive which is in addition SATA.

The error merely happens when the HDD is attached to the DVD slot. Mutually correlations are SATA. It sounds similar to the issue is that the system thinks with the intention of the drive is tranquil a CD-DVD drive, and not a Hard Drive to facilitate not be able to be ejected. Perhaps there is a number of method in moreover disk management or the bios to tell it to facilitate the drive is a hard drive.

The ST9500420AS that with the intention of is citations in your error message is a Seagate Momentus 500 Gig hard drive. In this you have to make sure the properties of the device in device manager beneath Disk Drives and give impression for under the Policies Tab, and make sure the Enable write caching on the device box and create certain the Turn off Windows write-cache buffer flushing on the apparatus is un-checked. In additional if there is a ReadyBoost tab turn it off.

I suggest you to ustilize TEST_DISK commenicng from cgsecurity, its free and extremely effective wiki it first, cautiousness though as it be able to write in excess off the data. Personally utilizing this software for regarding 4 HDD's data recovery extremely succesful. Learn how to utilize it, to facilitate data on your computer might tranquil be there just endeavoring to rebuild the path to acquire to them wink
    1. chkdsk
    2. testdisk
    3. fix MBR

After that you have to utilize the system restore and back up's for the MASTER OS to facilitate you might connect your HDD to repair ntldr and ntdetect, subsequent to you install SYSTEM RECOVERY.