Thread: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js error on Internet Explorer 9

res://ieframe.dll/preview.js error on Internet Explorer 9

Recently downloaded IE9. Now getting ieframe.dll/preview.js when trying to print in both IE and email. I've tried reverting to an earlier IE, but it says a version is running, so it can't continue. Tried going to uninstall IE, but it doesn't show up in programs to uninstall. Downloaded and installed Wisefixer (big mistake, waste of money) but it didn't help. Any suggestions? Below is the error message I get when trying to print in IE and mail:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line 2053
    Char 1
    Error: Invalid access to memory location
    Code 0
    URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js[/B]

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    Yes No

Neither option works. I'm at my wit's end.

re: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js error on Internet Explorer 9

If the problem is accompanied by a message that a file * / AppData / Local / Temp / Low / nnnn.htm can not be accessed. The script error message itself will be "rror: Object required" indicated. Then there is a problem with the directory permissions more precisely with the integrity level before. These are special directory rights did not exist before Windows Vista. The problem is usually caused by the unauthorized move some files, delete, and then create the directory low or by some programs. To solve the integrity level of the directory must be set correctly. Try to re-install it and right click choose run as administrator.

Re: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

No, the only error message is the ieframe.dll error. I've tried restoring to early point, but that didn't help either.

Re: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js error on Internet Explorer 9

Since the tabs are crashing when you go to that and other websites, you may have a bad install. You can try uninstalling Internet Explorer 8 and re-download and install it again. But as you said that you have tried it but don't find the same in the list but have you tried the same in safe mode because sometimes it happens that safe-mode is the only way where we can uninstall a program. I hope that it will help your cause.

This error is caused if your printer driver is outdated, incompatible, or corrupt. To fix this, follow the steps to solve this issue explained below:

1. Unplug the printer's USB cable from your PC.
      • Note:For wireless printers, turn the printer off.
    2. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button Collapse this imageExpand this image, and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
    3. Right-click your printers icon and select Remove device.
    4. Reconnect your printer to your PC using the USB cable.
      • Note: For wireless printers, refer to the information that came with the printer for installation instructions.

I found this hotfix for the error stated. The error appears mostly on Windows Server, where the server is not able to send a fax. I hope the error is bit associated with the similar issue mentioned above. It is necessary to run the hotfix once. There can be a number of reason behind that error. The KB article below provides you detailed information the different errors related to res://ieframe.dll/preview.js.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2647169

I got this fixed by re-install Internet Explorer 9. Now the issue is fixed in different way in different systems. Like running a Windows update provides you easy hotfix to deal with number of errors. I was facing this when I try to print some mails. I re-installed IE and updated my printer driver. The printer is attached on the network and shared by all. Once I did fresh installation the error just disappeared.

There is a easy fix for that which I had tested on my system. When you face this error go in Control Panel > User account and create a new account. Then log off and login with the new account. If you want you can give admin right to that account. Run IE and then check back. This time you will not get the error. I prefer to make that account as admin account.