Thread: Rear Speakers Not Working But Work in Audio Manager???

Rear Speakers Not Working But Work in Audio Manager???

I recently upgraded my system to Windows Vista from XP. Everything is working fine except the speakers. I have speakers plugged into Rear Speaker Out Jack and Headphones plugged into the Main Line Out Jack and a Mic plugged into the Mic Jack. Infact this setting worked fine for the first few days but stopped working itself. Now i am only able to hear sound from my headphones, and nothing comes in the speaker.

As per troubleshooting i checked, drivers, checked Realtek HD Audioi Manager, etc...everything seems to be working fine. Also when i ran the Speaker Configuration Test, the rear speakers work fine and I can also hear from the heatpones. Dont know where is the problem. Can anyone please help me out with this? Many thanks.

Re: Rear Speakers Not Working But Work in Audio Manager???

I have been through this problem in past with my Realtek High Definition Audio. Tried several things but nothing were ale to help. Finally i updated my Audio driver by drilling down through Sound > Playback > Speakers > Properties > General > Realtek High Definition Audio > Properties > Driver > Update Driver.

Drivers updated successfully and since then i never had any problem with the headphone or speakers. I think you should try out the same. In most cases it use to be the drivers itself creating the issues.

Thank you very much for the help M.Scarlet but i have already tried updating drivers to the most recent version as i have already mentioned in my first post above. I tried updating it from Device Manager as well by downloading the driver and installing it manually. But still getting the same problem.

Any other suggestion please?

I started getting problem with my system sounds when I no longer wanted to use both headphones and speakers at the same time. I made the following changes and that fixed my problem.

Click Start Menu and type Sound. Select speakers and click properties. under "Speakers Properties" click on Advanced tab. Here under Exclusive Mode you will get 3 choices, no checks, one check, or two checks.
    Here try out all three choices and see if it fixes the problem.

I had a similar problem and finally found that by enabling speaker fill in the speaker properties worked. control panel/hardware&sound/sound/speakers/properties -- then under the enhancements tab enable speaker fill.

hope this works