Thread: Could not find this item - NOT DELETING

Could not find this item - NOT DELETING

Okay, I've read many many threads now, and none of the solutions work for me.

I am using Windows Vista. I was extracting music, and two files, with the names of these songs, are now stuck on my desktop.
    043 Stereo Love - Edward Maya f.
    014 Hey Baby (Drop it to the Floor) - Pitbull f.

There are no extension file, just that it is a file.
    I've tried the duplicate note pad attempts, where you create a file the exact same as the stuck file, and then delete both. It worked until the next time the desktop refreshed. I also tried the shortcut method, and the zip method. Both didn't work.

I downloaded Delete Doctor, and it didn't work. Then I tried Unlocker, and it didn't work. Then I tried FileAssasin, and it couldn't even see the file.

I tried the thumbnail show/no show in the control panel, and it didn't work.

I even went into the regedit, and found the desktop, got the list of files. But when I tried to delete those darn files, it couldn't even find the file that was in its list!

I've tried going into safe mode and trying to delete, and then trying to delete right out of the explorer window for the desktop.

I tried changing its security properties, but when I open the security tab, nothing but "the requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed."

I've also updated and run my virus scanner, and did a disk clean up.

Nothing has worked. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by TeaTal; 29-04-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Re: Could not find this item - NOT DELETING

Just try this if this will work for you. Just create a new folder on your desktop name it anything you want, after that drag your files to the new folder. After doing this just download “Unlocker 1.9.1”. Once you download it then just setup it and run it, this should look out of the folder and the files in it. If this is not work for you than try it from command prompt. In command prompt type CD %userprofile%\Desktop and press Enter, after that type del name and just press Enter. Hope it works for you.

The item can't be moved. Whenever I try to move it, it comes up with the error that the item can't be found

This error occurs only when the item is moved from the place or it is deleted accidentally. I found the same issue when once my system is infected with virus. I scanned with Avast and it wiped out all my files which were infected. Those were the folders. Avast just deleted those folders. While if you use Norton instead of deleting it will heal the file.