Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

printer keeps showing as offline - HP 7410

Vista Help

Old 16-04-2011

printer keeps showing as offline - HP 7410

I can't print to the HP7410 all in one printer after being able to do so for 2 years! It kept showing as offline. I had this problem about a year ago and it had something to do with not seeing the printer when the computer went to sleep. I resolved that and now it has shown up out of the blue.

When I typed this title I found a similar issue with Windows 7 and I did the following:

1. Go into "Devices and Printers".

2. Select the printer causing the problem, right click on it and choose "Printer Properties".

3. Select the "Ports" tab and highlight the problem printer.

4. Click on the "Configure Port" button.

5. Uncheck the "SNMP Status Enabled" box and then "OK".

AFter I did these 5 steps the printer no longer shows up as offline. Hooray! However, when I send something to print, it seems to think for a while and then I get an error message. SO - I tried the steps below. and it still doesn't work! Can someone please help me???

Now the printer should work fine.

If after this it does not print the full document do this:

1. Do steps 1 thru 3 listed above

2. Uncheck "Enable bidirectional support"

3. Click on the "Advanced" tab.

4. Select "Start printing after last page is spooled" and then "OK".

Old 16-04-2011

re: printer keeps showing as offline - HP 7410

I forgot to mention that I'm printing wirelessly.
Old 16-04-2011

Re: printer keeps showing as offline - HP 7410

I think that your printer might be quite old. The operating time of your printer which was programmed during production has ran out, and HP wants you to buy a new printer. You can try pulling the wireless card connection, booting the printer up, and then connecting the wireless card back on without unplugging the printer, but that solution will keep it alive for another year or so.
Old 16-04-2011

we have other computers in our home that can still print wirelessly to this printer. One of them runs Windows 7 and the other runs XP. I don't really believe this is the answer.
Old 17-04-2011

I have too experienced this similar kind of issue in the past which happens actually due to a CUE DeviceDiscovery Service. The cue service is supposed to go through your wireless connections and clean them up after you are done using them. Unfortunetly we have seen this service actually delete live connections and force our customers to reinstall on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.

My first suggestion would be to turn off this service:
1) Navigate to Start > Run
2) Type "Services.msc" and hit Enter
3) Stop the HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service
4) Disable the HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service

Make sure to disable to service after you have successfully reinstalled the software.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , , ,