Thread: Error with Vista Windows Update KB968930

Error with Vista Windows Update KB968930

Error 800F0900
    Searched the web for fixes and found this stand alone download for the update, Microsoft Stand Alone Package Windows6.0-KB968930-x86 03/01/2011 1:19pm Microsoft Update The tech section advised someone else to try installing in safe mode so I did.
    Installer encountered an error: 0x8007043c
    This service cannot be started in Safe Mode
    I restarted computer and again tryed to install in Regular mode and I am the Admin of the gaming computer.
    Again it was not installed.
    I have deleted the Net Framework 3.5 SP1 download and already installed the newer version of it. That did not fix the problem. It was suggested in Windows errors for 800F0900 fix.
    Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Re: Error with Vista Windows Update KB968930

I am having the same problem with which i was unable to update the Windows Vista. I have tried so many things but nothing worked for me. Finally i have come to know that this is the problem with the mmcico.dll which is causing the issue with the same. So if you can then correct the same. To know more about this visit the link given below.
    SP1 download error 800F0900 on vista 64 bit

That might work for you But I don't run a x64 bit system I'm running Vista Premium 32 bit.
    Next build will be a x64 bit system
    I have tried the download tool and the driver dec tool and nothing has worked, Even after it does not install and error's out it's constantly in my start up menu waiting to download.
    Last edited by Nghtrider; 03-03-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Well the error that you are facing here is due to the update that you have downloaded. Actually the thing here is that during the downloading process the update might have got corrupted and that is the reason why it is not allowing you to install the same on your system and throwing an error. Now what you have to do here is that just try and have another download for the update but this time make sure that you are downloading the file from the trusted source and also the one which is not corrupted. I am sure that newly downloaded update will not give you the error.

But I have downloaded from trusted sources. ANd nothing is helping. This morning I had 3 optional downloads and that 1 for vista security again and the vista security is the only one that did not install properly.The DL doesn't show in my installed programs so how am I going to tell? this one was is a Widnows update that didn't work. and has been plagueing me since.I see this download everytime I turn on the computer and every time I try to download it and everytime since it will not download and install correctly. Atleast for the past 8 days now,
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandra
    I am sure that newly downloaded update will not give you the error.
    AS I said it has so far 8 days in a row.!!!

0x8007043C
    ERROR_NOT_SAFEBOOT_SERVICE
    The service is not supported in the safe boot mode.

Check the Services to see if BITS is set to Manual and Automatic Updates is set to Automatic. Right click My Computer on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Manage. Click on Services and Applications in the left frame. Double click on Services in the right frame and confirm BITS and AU settings.

BITS=Background Intelligence Transfere Service is set to Manual
    And Windows Update is also set at Auto Not delayed either
    That BITS almost through me off Until I saw the list, And figured it out. The normal Joe prolly would not have caught that.

Just tryed again and this is the message I get.
    Some updates were not installed
    Failed 1 update
    Error(s) found
    Code 800F0900
    Windows updates encountered an unknown error

This si the same error I have been getting for the past 9 days now for
    Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows Vista (KB968930)

Download size: 32.5 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Recommended

The Windows Management Framework Core package includes Windows PowerShell 2.0 and Windows Remote Management (WinRM) 2.0. For more information on the Windows Management Framework, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929.

More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=165613

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com
    Now I do have windows remote turned off could this be affecting this download?

I too had similar kind of problem if you're using Comodo Firewall and possible the Antivirus as well, then try to disable them to fix this issue. I found that when I disabled the firewall, I don't use Comodo AV, I use MSSE, then the update installed perfectly. Hope that it works out for you and if not then let us know again.

I have the same issue. Just will not update this. Vista Home PRemium 32bit. very irritating. -Lee

Quote Originally Posted by studleylee View Post
    I have the same issue. Just will not update this. Vista Home PRemium 32bit. very irritating. -Lee
    Have you tried to reset the Windows Update components automatically by clicking the Fix it button or link on the microsoft site? Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard. You should run the Fix it solution in Default mode and determine if it resolves your problem with Windows Update before running it in Aggressive mode. Go here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Thank you for the response. I will try that tomorrow an follow up. I spent hours today trying to get it updated. I downloded the update. uninstalled spybot s&d, disabled the firewall and antivirus, still nogo. Very frustrating as there is no real feedback as to what is failing or what is not being accessible for being used/open in another app. I had previously 'hidden' this update because it bluescreen me when I tried it several weeks ago. First bluescreen I had in ages.
    thx -Lee