Thread: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1068 error

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1068 error

Hi, I am brand new to this site and not real good with computers :(
    One of my problems is that every time I try to open an application or a new program that I have downloaded and want to setup I get an error message. Sometimes it says ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1068 (this is when I try to setup a new program) or if I try to open an existing program, for instance UniBlue Power Suite, I get C:\Program Files\Uniblue\PowerSuite\PowerSuite.exe The dependency service or group failed to start. I don't know what I have done but I desperately need some help, please.

re: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1068 error

First of all can you tell us what operating system are you using? It seems to me like a source file or installation file corruption to me. Check to see if you can install anything in a clean boot state, for this follow the below method:

1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    3. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    4. Click OK, and then click Restart. Install the game to check if it goes fine.

Re: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1068 error

Thank you so much for replying.

But, I gave up and took it yo a tech. He said it had too many problems and suggested I take it back to factory settings. Which I did..................

So now I am back to square one, a nice clean comp, lol.

Thanks again :)