Trying to convert external drive from Fat32 to NTFS
I have an external hard drive which is formatted in Fat32 and i wan to know what can i do to format it to NTFS. My system is running on windows Vista Home Premium w/SP1, thanks in advance.
Re: Trying to convert external drive from Fat32 to NTFS
To convert an external drive to NTFS
1. Log on to your computer as an administrator.
2. Click Start, right-click My Computer.
3. In the My Computer window, make a note of the drive letter and label assigned to your external drive. Usually, the drive letter will be E or F. The drive letter will not be C (that?s the hard drive inside your computer). The
label is the word between the drive picture and the drive letter. Some
drives may not have a label.
4. Click Start, click Run, and then type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs
5. A command window appears. Type the label for your external drive, and
then press ENTER. If your drive does not have a label, just press ENTER.
6. If a message warns you that the volume is in use by another process, close any other open windows. Then, press Y and then ENTER.
|Tags: convert, external, fat32|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Trying to convert external drive from Fat32 to NTFS"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Convert fat32 pen drive to ntfs||Kalyug||Hardware Peripherals||6||10-02-2012 11:46 PM|
|Convert NTFS drive to FAT32 in DOS||Noah||Hardware Peripherals||4||27-08-2010 11:59 AM|
|Reformatting External hard drive from NTFS to FAT32||Fedlix||XP Hardware||3||08-08-2010 05:33 AM|
|Convert Fat32 To Ntfs||jasonR||Tips & Tweaks||2||25-02-2009 03:42 PM|
|How to convert FAT32 to NTFS ?||void||Hardware Peripherals||3||23-01-2009 10:44 PM|