Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

64 bit mandatory driver signing - any way of disabling it?

Vista Help

Old 09-07-2010

64 bit mandatory driver signing - any way of disabling it?

I have a system running windows vista 64 bit and i want to know if there is a way by which i can disable mandatory driver signing ? Some of my friends have suggested me to better upgrade to windows 7. I don't mind doing that but i want to know if there i any thing that i can try out in vista itself.

Old 02-05-2011

Re: 64 bit mandatory driver signing - any way of disabling it?

• Click Start, click Run, type sigverif, and then click OK.
  • Click Advanced.
  • Click Look for other files that are not digitally signed.
  • In the Look in this folder box, type x:\Windows\system32\drivers, where x is the letter of the drive where Windows XP is installed.
  • On the Logging tab, make sure the Save the file signature verification results to a log file check box is selected, and then click OK.
  • Click Start.

please see to it whether the above steps help you out here.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , ,