Thread: Windows Vista recovery installation CD(s) from Sony Vaio

Windows Vista recovery installation CD(s) from Sony Vaio

I bought a brand new Sony Vaio laptop last month which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. As i have done many customizations and installed several important apps, i want to create a Backup/Recovery DVD for the entire system so that in case my hard drive crashes along with the hidden restore partition it contains, i would be able to simply buy a new laptop hard drive and easily reinstall Vista on it using the recovery CDs.

So can anyone please tell the easiest way of making such Recovery DVD/CD? Many thanks.

Re: Windows Vista recovery installation CD(s) from Sony Vaio

Sony Vaio laptops use to come with built in "Vaio Recovery Wizard" which will help you to create such recovery disc. You will find it somewhere in Start Menu or All Programs. Search for the same. if you can't find it, simply call up Sony Support, they will let you know its exact location.

Thank you very much for the help Jyotiranjan. I found the "Vaio Recovery Wizard" under Start Menu -> Vaio Recovery Center -> Vaio Recovery Center and then on the left hand side I clicked on Create Recovery Disks. But there seems to be a problem. Basically it is not possible to have backup CDs like we use to have in XP. Here it says that i need 3 DVDs. So here i have one more question. Can you please tell me how can i create 3 backup DVDs?

Windows Vista recovery installation CD(s) from Sony Vaio

First of all i dont think you actually need to do all these things because Sony Vaio is a very good brand and your probably has a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive that you use to restore your operating system. Did you checked the user manual to know more about the same? If not, check it. You will get all instructions about how to initiate the process.

Not sure if anyone will see this, but I have a similar problem.
    I had made recovery disks for my sony vaio computer running Vista, always good to have right?
    Well, my hard drive recently died and was replaced with a new hard drive (so no recovery partition to use here).
    The recovery disks apparently don't have Vista on them to reinstall the OS.
    I have a friend who has an identical computer, so I can make a vista recovery dvd from their machine and use my product key...that's if I knew how to do it...any suggestions?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by paks.26 View Post
    Not sure if anyone will see this, but I have a similar problem.
    I had made recovery disks for my sony vaio computer running Vista, always good to have right?
    Well, my hard drive recently died and was replaced with a new hard drive (so no recovery partition to use here).
    The recovery disks apparently don't have Vista on them to reinstall the OS.
    I have a friend who has an identical computer, so I can make a vista recovery dvd from their machine and use my product key...that's if I knew how to do it...any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Well, you could easily go to the window icon, all programs, pc help and tools and recovery disc creation, it will only allow you to create these disc one time, make sure you have 2 dvds to do it with, anything else will take more disc and longer time. Or you can call Sony After Salling Service and ask them for the cd/dvd.