Thread: Windows Error Recovery Screen

Windows Error Recovery Screen

Hey guys,

I'm sure you've heard this issue before and I've read several other threads with similar problems.

Ok, so I am directed straight to Windows Error Recovery screen upon startup. I have tried every option listed and all of them just bring me back to the recovery screen. I have tried F5 and F8 also and nothing is working.

I have both my drivers and utilities cd and my operating system cd from Dell. I put in the Operating Systems cd but it is not being read and not showing up for me to click on it and go through the process of repairing my system.

Am I installing the CD wrong? Is there something wrong with the CD or a key I have to press while running it? Is there no further hope for my computer?

Any help you guys can give would be great. I really don't want to lose all my data so F6 is definitely a last resort.

Thanks alot :)

Re: Windows Error Recovery Screen

You can try the system restore. Restore your system to some earlier date and see if that can resolve the problem for you.

How would I go about that? And wouldn't I lose my data?

Thanks

Hi i found the following link while searching about this issue. and i am sure you will get some kind of solution from it. And system restore only affect your system files and not your any kind of personal data. but still take a precaution and backup your all data. i hope this will help you.

Windows error recovery stuck on Blank Screen

When you landed on the screen, reboot and press F8. When you are in the safe mode menu below look for a line Last Good Known Configuraiton. Select it. The system will reboot automatically. This will restore some old working settings of Windows. It is one of the best option to get rid of recovery error. But if this fails and your existing disc does not work, then there can be two conditions. First either the disc is not proper or damaged, and second the image file in the disc is not compatible with your system.

Do a startup repair through bootable disc. If this does not work, then simply format and re-install the operating system. That is the only way to get back your healthy windows file back. You can create a startup repair disc from any working windows system. It is just a bootable disc which provide option to run command prompt, system restore, etc. System restore here can help you to restore old settings.