Thread: Deleting System error memory dump files through Disk cleanup

Deleting System error memory dump files through Disk cleanup

I have tons of System error memory dump files that I detected in Disk Cleanup. I want to know that whether I should delete them all or keep this files for future references. Is it going to help much. I hope to gain a bit performance by removing it. What you suggest ?

re: Deleting System error memory dump files through Disk cleanup

It is good for diagnosing a number of errors in your system. I had seen similar queries in number of forums which says that it is quiet safer to delete them if you are not willing to use them to diagnose a issue. Diskcleanup is a safest way to wipe out the files.

I had did the same and landed is different problem. After wiping out them completely my system is not able to send any error report. This use to work well before deleting those memory dump files. I had cleaned them just last night thought it would give me a better performance or gain some space. But now Windows Error reporting service is not working well. I do not know how to diagnose problem on my own. They are bit essential to troubleshoot problem and receive similar updates.

I think you can wipe out them. They might not create any issue. And about the Error reporting thing it might be due to some other issue. Microsoft might add your problems in its database so that they can send you similar updates. That will work in better form. You can try wiping out the files. I am sure there will be no issue. And usually those files do nothing to your system. They lies safely in the background.

I too agree with the same. There is no need to worry about the same. The error reporting service is affected due to other reasons not by deleting those dump files. They are kind of logs which are used for diagnosing any major error appeared in your system. You can possibly remove them as per your choice. Go on Control Panel and click on System Maintenance. Then click on Problem, Report and Solution. You can click here to find the problem.

If you want to diagnose those files then simply do allow disk cleanup to wipe everything. Or else you can simply ignore the message and wipe not required files. Do this a number of file. But there are certain issue which are arrived after wiping out the system dump files. So it is recommended that you do this if it is not major and the error has started to appear.

This files are safe to delete. Just ignore the error and wipe them out. There is no need to worry about and if anything is cause it is not because of those dump file. Those files are kind of log for various issue appeared in your system and they will be generated back again. So try to clean the same up and then check back again. Try to run disk cleanup at regular time intervals.