Thread: Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"

Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"

HI, this is Windows Vista. Whenever i try using the built-in DVD maker in Vista, it gives me an error message stating: "Error Synchronizing Project". The error appears only when i click on Next after adding the files.

Tried adding different file formats, different sources but nothing seems to be working. I think re-installing DVD maker can fix the problem but dont know how to reinstall. Is there any working solution for this or do i need to reformat my entire operating system? Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Re: Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"

Did you tried using WMV files instead of AVI or any other files? Also can you tell me which codecs do you have installed on your computer? AVI files
    are pretty random these days and are rather a headache.

Thanks for the reply Scott. I already tried several other files including AVI format as well. Still the same problem. It gives me that error message as soon as i click on Next. I followed the steps provided here to create a DVD with the WMV as mentioned in this MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/support...diaexample.wmv

As per your other question, i have no idea what codes my AVI files are using. In fact i dont know how to find it out. Can you tell me how can I recognize what codecs they are using?

I have a similar problem. After adding the items I click next and it show the same error. i click it anyway then i try to preview my DVD but it says "cannot crate DVD preview. i try to burn it anyway and again it says cannot create DVD. I am only burning photos though with some background music. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.