Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Steam: Call of Duty World at War

Vista Help

Old 16-12-2008

Steam: Call of Duty World at War

I have been playing Call of Duty World at War since its release on my Windows XP system. I was playing it on Steam. Last week my XP?s mobo died. Instead of repairing it I simply bought a new gaming desktop with Windows Vista. Installed Steam and Call of Duty World at War again on this new PC. Everything went fine but don?t know it is now not allowing me to create an online profile. Whenever I try doing the same it gives me an error message saying:

"unable to create online profile".

Whiel troubleshooting I went to the location where the profiles get saved that is "C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles" Here I found that there a folder called $$$ with bunch of config files. I tried copying all the items in the folder with same name as my user name hoping name will show up my in game, but it still does not show up. I have no idea what else to do. Can any of you please provide some suggestions?

Thank you.

Old 26-12-2008

RE: Steam: Call of Duty World at War

Hey BUKSIS, even i have I had a similar issue with COD4 on steam. In my case it was Vista and As i dint had the CD key it was not allowing me to join any multiplayer games. But somehow i managed to fix the problem, If anyone here is having the same problem or even you BUKSIS can try out this. Click the main Menu then go into Multiplayer Options and click on the multiplayer key or cd key option (can't remember exactly what it says) and see if your cd key shows up.

Alternatively i will suggest you to simply uninstall the game completely from the system and then re-install it on steam.Most of the time it fixes several Steam related problems.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , ,