Thread: Windows could not find your user profile so it logged in to a temporary account.....!

Windows could not find your user profile so it logged in to a temporary account.....!

Hi, this is Windows Vista system. I am using this from past 6 months but since yesterday evening whenever I am trying to login to my account, it gives me an error message saying:

"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off."

Once when I restarted the PC I found that it has deleted my pictures. This were very important files they are part of my work as a photographer. This is very annoying. Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to recover those pictures? As per troubleshooting I checked my Event Viewer and found following listed over there?

"Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on."

I don’t know what does that means? Can anyone please help me out with the same?

Re: Windows could not find your user profile so it logged in to a temporary account.....!

Hello TABANL. Did you tried restoring your system to atleast a week ago created restore point? If not, try it out. Probably this would have been due to profile corruption which should get fixed by system restore. Alternatively you can also check out the following article describing Error "Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile."