Thread: Local Partition D disappeared after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium

Local Partition D disappeared after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium

This is bit complicate stuff where I am stucked. I was struggling to make my system work properly. For that I had made changes to my bios. I had deleted a number of settings from there accidentally and landed upon many errors. My OS failed to boot. I was not aware about the settings I do not remember what I did in Boot Sequence setting of bios. I had tried to changed the completely. Now I had re-installed Windows Vista and all drivers, applications that were needed. But on boot I cannot see my D drive. That is the partition which was having full data. I had not made any changes to system partition. The C drive was by default assigned as 80GB which I am using right now. So my answer is that there is possibility of getting it back. It would be located somewhere in bootsec.bak. How can fix that stuff back.

re: Local Partition D disappeared after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium

Half knowledge is dangerous. You must have not done those stuff with your system if you were not aware. Now you landed on a drastic situation. Right click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Check you can find the partition here or not. If yes then still your files are there and the partition is unreadable by Vista. It can be access only if you format it and that will wipe your data also.

If you had used Restoration from Recovery Partition then forget about your D drive. Recovery partition will restore the factory settings. The one it comes at the time of purchase and it will wipe out everything. It is better if you can find D drive in Disk Management. There are number of LiveCD that you can use to access that partition. You can manually copy paste file from that. Better learn first before doing something in the bios.

re: Local Partition D disappeared after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium

Hi man, i have just fixed this problem on my computer :)
    so i creted an account on this website to help you out.
    ok i will tell you what to do step by step, the process takes about 2 minutes to complete, so its really easy :)
    ok here we go
    1. Control Panel
    2. Administrative Tools
    3. Computer Managment
    4. Disk Managment [under "storage"

There you will get your local disc C:\ (in blue) and beside it there will be just some ammount of disk space (in black)

5. Right click on it and select properties, then just do step by step and you will complete it, just create a new disk :)
    really easy
    hope helps
    If there are problmes, post to me i will try to explain in more detail

I still don't get it how to create a new local.can anyone teach me?