Thread: Bluescreen and Minidump in Vista 64

Bluescreen and Minidump in Vista 64

Hey there, new to the forum and need some help with my "just-put-together" pc with 64bit Windows Vista. Had a lot of different bluescreens, but those seemed to be the graphics card drivers. But now i get stop blue screens with some numbers and stuff. Talks about bios, drivers, hard disk tests and antivirus (antivirus which i just tried changing without any luck). Vista makes a minidump file of it. Any way i can check that file, or someone that can? As you most likely have seen i don't exactly have a whole lot of knowledge about this so any help is deeply appreciated.
    Last edited by Folcom; 06-11-2008 at 07:50 AM.

re: Bluescreen and Minidump in Vista 64

It is a hardware issue. There can be some internal hardware problem. The most common cause of bluescreen is faulty RAM. I will advice you to open your system case and check your ram. Place it properly. Or simply remote it, wipe the edges with ink rubber and then place it back again. You can change the slot and also check. If there are multiple RAMs then simply check by using individual sticks.

I tried that before. I thought this would be some kind of RAM issue. But it is fine. I used a bootable disc and performed memtest. It showed me that everything is fine. The bluescreen has sysetm service exception code. Can anyone tell me what does that actually means. I found hundreds of links based on that error, but none of them clearly provides a proper solution. I found that mostly 64bit systems face major failure due to incompatible drivers.

Yes you are right about that. I am having two system. There is a one desktop which has 64bit hardware and another one is a laptop. The laptop has Vista 32bit. It came pre-installed. In the desktop I upgraded to Vista 64bit from XP, but somehow it crashed on bluescreen on driver update. I checked properly and the issue lies with nic driver. That was a 32bit driver which was not accepted by Vista 64bit. I have to re-format the entire system again and installed each and everything back.

I am running some diagnostic test and hope that I can find the exact issue. Till yet I found that the RAM, CPU, Motherboard and Hard drive is fine. That means there is no hardware fault at all. Other than this I am having a printer, a usb hub and a webcamera attached to the system. I do not think they might be responsible for such crash.

There might be issue with the OS. Keep the hardware aside. At what phase do you get the error. At the time of boot, while installing drivers, or while installing some new applications. You must check that properly. If you are getting errors at the time of driver installation then your system might not work properly. I will advice you to check properly. Go for x64 drivers only.