Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Uninstall Movie Maker

Vista Help

Old 10-09-2008

Uninstall Movie Maker

Hi everybody ! I am looking for a small help. Due to some reasons i want to uninstall the Windows Movie Maker from my recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate edition. I tried to find out the uninstaller but not getting it anywhere. Can anyone please tell me how do we remove WMM from Vista?

Thanks for your helps.

Old 10-09-2008

Re: Uninstall Movie Maker

Just like many other Windows built-in applications like Media Player, Media Center, and many more, even Windows Movie Maker is the built-in Component of Windows. No matter it is XP or Vista, you just cannot uninstall it. However, you can go to Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs > Windows Component and turn Off or On WMM from here.

By the way can i know why do you want to uninstall it from the system? I can simply say if you dont want to use it, you can simply ignore it. It wont show up on Desktop or Start Menu unless and until you search for it, right? It will not come in your way.
Old 13-01-2011

ok well this is all very well but movie maker does not work at all, will not import anything, not even wmv files. I see no option than uninstalling and trying to download and reinstall it again. If this is not possible then please give me some advice about how to make it do something.
Old 13-01-2011

First let me know what exact problem you are getting with the Movie Maker so that i can provide you the proper working solution for same. If you are running Windows 7 and getting the same issue then i will advise you to download and install the latest version of the Windows Movie Maker which is having the compatibility with the Windows 7. To know more about the same issue visit below given link.
Windows Movie Maker not working in Windows 7

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: ,