Thread: Vista Home Premium Help

Vista Home Premium Help

Hi Guys, Im new here, literally just signed up!

I was wondering if you could help!! i found my old Toshiba laptop and i dont remember any of the account login passwords and im quite curious to get in to them! ive read alot of information on how to do this but it just doesnt seem to work i have 3 profiles set up on the pc so when i enter safe mode no administrator ones come up!!

Any help would be great

Re: Vista Home Premium Help

Its really strange to see that admin account not appearing in the Safe mode, However still i have a method for you do try it and let me know if it works or not.

1) this method will only work if you have a Windows Vista installation DVD. Boot your system with the windows vista DVD.

2) you will be prompted to select the language. Select the appropriate language and then select 'repair computer'. Go to the command prompt.

3) type the following commands in the command prompt

net user administrator /active:yes
    net user (insert your administrative user account's name here) (insert new user password like 1234 here)

Please note: You don't have to write in the brackets when you are giving the commands. mention the user name that you had for the admin account and set a new password.

Having done that you will be able to login to the system using the admin account and set the other 3 user accounts as well.

I hope this method will help you. Cheers!

Thanks for replying, i dont have the Vista Cd ive been looking all day!! Does it matter that i have 3 active profiles on my login screen, does that effect whether or not the admin profile appears?

Quote Originally Posted by bhyt1234 View Post
    Thanks for replying, i dont have the Vista Cd ive been looking all day!! Does it matter that i have 3 active profiles on my login screen, does that effect whether or not the admin profile appears?
    Since you have mentioned that you are not able to see the Main Administrator account in the safe mode you can go through the below similar thread and try out the solution that has been mentioned there and see if it is helping.
    Main Administrator account not showing up