Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

  1. #1
    Jugi Guest

    Outlook 2007 Won't Open


    ::::
    ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    following message:::
    ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    won't open...help please


    --
    Jugi

  2. #2
    vectorman Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open


    why dont you try create an email account in Control Panel->Mail, create
    new pst file

    see if that helps


    --
    vectorman

  3. #3
    Not Me Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    Reinstalling the program doesn't help if it is trying to read an existing,
    corrputed pst file.
    Did you run the inbox repair tool?

    "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    >
    > ::::
    > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    > following message:::
    > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    > won't open...help please
    >
    >
    > --
    > Jugi




  4. #4
    Richard G. Harper Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    Have you tried following the instructions you were given in the error
    message? That would be the first logical step to try.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
    * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
    * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/


    "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    >
    > ::::
    > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    > following message:::
    > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    > won't open...help please
    >
    >
    > --
    > Jugi



  5. #5
    Peter Foldes Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    Does it load in Safe Mode?
    Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe

    For additional suggestions see+
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntopen.htm

    As for migrating data see;
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm


    Is Outlook running in the background? Use Task Manager to see if any
    outlook.exe processes are active. Kill them all and then try it again.

    Close Outlook. Find and rename mapi32.dll to .old. Locate and run
    Fixmapi.exe. Reopen Outlook. If this does not fix it, then create a new
    mail profile.

    How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829918

    After you created a new profile I would "add" your old PST file
    (File/Open/Personal Folders).

    Then you have 2 "Personal Folders" but you can not delete the new empty one.

    You must change the delivery folder to the "old" PST file.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...170471033.aspx

    After a restart of Outlook you can delete the "new" empty PST file.



    --
    Peter

    Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

    "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    >
    > ::::
    > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    > following message:::
    > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    > won't open...help please
    >
    >
    > --
    > Jugi


  6. #6
    Jugi Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    Thanks, I will try that.

    "vectorman" wrote:

    >
    > why dont you try create an email account in Control Panel->Mail, create
    > new pst file
    >
    > see if that helps
    >
    >
    > --
    > vectorman
    >


  7. #7
    Jugi Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    I don't know how to do that..can you help please..thanks

    "Richard G. Harper" wrote:

    > Have you tried following the instructions you were given in the error
    > message? That would be the first logical step to try.
    >
    > --
    > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    > * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
    > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
    > * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    >
    >
    > "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    > >
    > > ::::
    > > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    > > following message:::
    > > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    > > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    > > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    > > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    > > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    > > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    > > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    > > won't open...help please
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jugi

    >
    >


  8. #8
    Jugi Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    I don't know how to do that..thanks

    "Not Me" wrote:

    > Reinstalling the program doesn't help if it is trying to read an existing,
    > corrputed pst file.
    > Did you run the inbox repair tool?
    >
    > "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    > news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    > >
    > > ::::
    > > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    > > following message:::
    > > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    > > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    > > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    > > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    > > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    > > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    > > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    > > won't open...help please
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jugi

    >
    >
    >


  9. #9
    Jugi Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    no it doesn't open in safe mode..thanks

    "Peter Foldes" wrote:

    > Does it load in Safe Mode?
    > Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe
    >
    > For additional suggestions see+
    > http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntopen.htm
    >
    > As for migrating data see;
    > http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
    >
    >
    > Is Outlook running in the background? Use Task Manager to see if any
    > outlook.exe processes are active. Kill them all and then try it again.
    >
    > Close Outlook. Find and rename mapi32.dll to .old. Locate and run
    > Fixmapi.exe. Reopen Outlook. If this does not fix it, then create a new
    > mail profile.
    >
    > How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829918
    >
    > After you created a new profile I would "add" your old PST file
    > (File/Open/Personal Folders).
    >
    > Then you have 2 "Personal Folders" but you can not delete the new empty one.
    >
    > You must change the delivery folder to the "old" PST file.
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...170471033.aspx
    >
    > After a restart of Outlook you can delete the "new" empty PST file.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    >
    > "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    > >
    > > ::::
    > > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    > > following message:::
    > > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    > > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    > > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    > > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    > > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For
    > > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    > > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    > > won't open...help please
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jugi

    >


  10. #10
    Richard G. Harper Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    The error message is pretty clear - run the Inbox Repair tool, open Help and
    Support and get more help if you need it.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
    * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
    * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/


    "Jugi" <Jugi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:0F02B1B4-AEC5-4B27-A850-DF723AF05E87@microsoft.com...
    >I don't know how to do that..can you help please..thanks
    >
    > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried following the instructions you were given in the error
    >> message? That would be the first logical step to try.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
    >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
    >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    >>
    >>
    >> "Jugi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
    >> news:fe7efc93b1f0feba59ee0c035bca81c1@nntp-gateway.com...
    >> >
    >> > ::::
    >> > ::Hi, I can not open office outlook 2007 (Windows Vista). I get the
    >> > following message:::
    >> > ::Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
    >> > window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected
    >> > in the file C:\Users\GOD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    >> > Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox
    >> > repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file.
    >> > For
    >> > more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help. ::
    >> > How can I fix this problem. I have reinstalled the office 2007, still
    >> > won't open...help please
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Jugi

    >>
    >>



  11. #11
    Chris Geerlings Guest

    Re: Outlook 2007 Won't Open

    Jugi,

    goto c:\program files\microsoft office\office 12\
    run the file called scanpst.exe

    browse to the location where your *.pst file is and let the repair tool run,
    it'll probably find some errors in it so just press 'repair'.

    After it's complete you'll be able to open your outlook again.

    Greetz,

    --
    Chris



Similar Threads

  1. Unable to open links in Outlook 2007
    By drewstrachan in forum MS Office Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 03:03 PM
  2. can't open any hyperlink in my outlook 2007 anymore!!!
    By Billie in forum MS Office Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-05-2010, 11:37 PM
  3. Can't open Outlook 2007 in Vista
    By Anwar in forum Windows Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-03-2009, 01:58 PM
  4. Unable to open emails in Outlook 2007
    By Ashlin in forum Operating Systems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-01-2009, 03:36 PM
  5. I cannot open email attachments in Outlook 2007
    By Gregoryl in forum Office Update Service
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •