Thread: Driver for HP 6300 Scanner

Driver for HP 6300 Scanner

I have recently bought an HP 6300 Scanner and since I have Windows Vista installed on my computer, I was thinking if there is any driver available for this scanner that can work on this operating system. I have tried searching for its driver from HP website, but all i get is, the driver for Windows XP, can it be installedon the new OS?

Have you tried using a 3rd party scanning utility such as the VueScan from the Hamrick website that is available for a free trial. You can test the same software and see if it works for you or not. If it doesnt work then try to install the Windows XP drivers in compatibility mode. Simply right click the .exe file of the driver for scanner and then go to properties and choose the Compatibility mode and tick mark Windows XP and close the box. Also try to run as Admin all this settings.

RE: Driver for HP 6300 Scanner

When I went to HP website, I found the below information for this HP
    6300 scanner

"We are sorry to inform you that there will be no Windows Vista support available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work with Windows Vista. If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer, please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on Windows Vista. HP has numerous products on the market that support Windows Vista."

I think that this scanned will not work in Windows Vista as per the official statement. However, you could try the above method of installing the different software for scanners on your system and pray that it solves the issue.

Re: Driver for HP 6300 Scanner

I was able to install the HP Scanjet 6300C Scanner on my Vista machine quite easily. You have to just install the XP driver on Vista by using the compatibility mode but first you need to disconnect the scanner from your computer. Just tick the option of "compatible with XP SP2 and administrator" in the same and double click the setup.exe. A warning message comes while installation, just ignore it and then install the software, connect the scanner and open the installed software. The scanner will be listed now in the pc. Hope this helps you out.