Thread: Display trouble/Change graphic settings from Safe Mode?

Display trouble/Change graphic settings from Safe Mode?

I was wondering if there is anything that i could do to change the graphic settings from the Safe Mode area and upon rebooting, the pc will start with the new settings that i have applied before? I have checked out the low resolution option that is given at the F8 menu but that didnt help me out. The reasons I want to do this things is because I get vertical blurred images which is then followed by a blue screen telling me to reset the video driver or the graphics card. When I boot into safe mode, i dont get this issue, since it might be using the VGA drivers. I need some help on this issue.

Re: Display trouble/Change graphic settings from Safe Mode?

Well, it might be that you are using way to old graphics driver in your computer, so you have to update it to the latest. Go the graphics card manufacturer's website and download and install the latest driver on your computer. Since, you are not able to boot in the normal windows desktop, you can try booting to safe mode and then remove all the graphics driver and then restart pc and then try to install this latest video drivers. I hope i was clear in my explanation. Let us know if this doesnt work for you.

Hi, I was messing about with the screen resolution on my pc (windows 7) and I changed it and then my monitor says invalid format, I've tried a different monitor and nothings happening, the computer still fires up as I can hear it loading in the background!
    I can get onto safemode and the command prompts when I switch on the computer!
    I've tried changing the resolution on safemode's control panel but it does not affect the user's settings!
    How can I change the user settings so when I just start it up normally my monitor will recognise the format and let me see it?
    Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel135 View Post
    Hi, I was messing about with the screen resolution on my pc (windows 7) and I changed it and then my monitor says invalid format, I've tried a different monitor and nothings happening, the computer still fires up as I can hear it loading in the background!
    I can get onto safemode and the command prompts when I switch on the computer!
    I've tried changing the resolution on safemode's control panel but it does not affect the user's settings!
    How can I change the user settings so when I just start it up normally my monitor will recognise the format and let me see it?
    Help!!!!
    You can go back into your Display setting on your PC and pick a screen resolution that your TV will accept. If you only have a TV connected as your monitor and you can't get to the settings, you may have to get a PC monitor in order to acces your screen display settings window on your PC and reset it.