Thread: Dell Docking Station - External PCI Card Not Detected

Dell Docking Station - External PCI Card Not Detected

I have a Dell Docking Station with a Dell Latitude D520 laptop. This docking station has a PCI slow which is built-in for the standard PCI cards and if the laptop is docked then the extra devices become available. This thing used to work fine in Windows XP operating system. But after the upgradation to Windows Vista, nothing is detected on the docking station at all. After installing the some Vista drivers for some pci devices, the installation fails because of no device which is present in the system. I have checked by docking a Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy card and it is getting detected in the BIOS, but when booted to Vista, then nothing shows up. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Have you tried installing the latest Vista Service Pack versions and seen if that has worked? If that doesnt work then you will have to install Windows XP on your system and use it, until the manufaturer decides to release a driver, you are sole here. Normally, this is done just to get people to get used to new hardware or software in the market, or otherwise why would one buy new product which will be woking fine on the old stuff?