Thread: Error "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically"

Error "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically"

I laptop was working fine until some upgrades were downloaded and generated a new stuff. I am getting a error on screen "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now". This error appears a couple of time in every hour. I keep MSN always active. So I thought the issue might be related to the chat messenger. So simply disabled number of stuff from the startup. But that did not helped much. There are was one more error when I try to open iTunes. It is " We could not complete your iTunes store request. A secure network connection could not be established. Make sure SSL 3.0 or TLS 1.0 is enabled in the Internet Options panel, then try again."

Go and check in Event Viewer. That is the only place where you can locate right errors. Event Viewer has a list of information that has generate various problem. You can locate the right file which is causing the problem and then you can locate the associated application also. The quick way to fix the issue is first take your data backup and then run Vista repair setup.