Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

External Hard Drive Enclosure not working in Windows

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 28-02-2008

External Hard Drive Enclosure not working in Windows

I had bought a USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure. I have a laptop and a desktop. I purchased a additional internal hard drive and thought this would be the quickest way to copy data. The enclosure has usb 2.0 output. After fitting all well, when I started data backup I receive a error that the drive is not accessible -- parameter incorrect. It stopped. I have to re-plug the drive to access it again. I am bit irritated with the same. The laptop has Vista. I am not able to figure out where the problem lies.

Old 19-03-2008

Go in Device Manager and then ensure that the en-closure is installed. This error appears due to two reason. The first is due to loose connection. While transferring the data, the connection is terminated due to that. There can be bad sector also. Check the enclosure and then reconnect it. This is not a driver issue. There can be problem with the bad sector.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,