Thread: windows vista 32bit realtek driver will not install

windows vista 32bit realtek driver will not install

I have a Windows Vista installed on my computer. On this pc I dont have the option for microphone but sound is there. And when I am trying to install the realtek audio driver 6280 it is not getting installed on my machine. Can anyone tell me how do i install this driver on my pc. Thanks for any help in advance.

RE: windows vista 32bit realtek driver will not install

I think that even though you have got the right driver but you aint installing it in the proper way. The driver 6280_Vista_APO is for the installation of the AC'97 codec. So to install the same, download the driver from the manufacturer website and then save it on the desktop with a new folder. Also note that I use to download everything from the web on my computer and then like to run it from my pc rather than running it directly from the website. After that right click on the 6280_Vista_APO and try to extract it all and choose the default place to extract it. The same folder should also be called 6280_Vista_APO when it is extracted, so open this folder and then browse the contents and when you will find the setup file, double click on it to run and then the installation of the driver will begin. Incase if it ask for administrative rights then click on yes and then start the installation. After the installation is finished, restart the pc and then the problem of the microphone will be over. Also, if you want then you can save the folder somewhere in your computer so that next time you dont have to download the same driver again.

If you are getting sound then it means that the audio driver is working, to get microphone working, you just need to access its colume control. To do the same follow the below steps:
    1. First of all right click on the Speaker icon which is in the quick launch area at the lower right corner of the screen.
    2. After that just choose Recording Devices
    3. Now you have to select Mic in at rear panel
    4. After that just click Set Default button (greyed out if already set as default device for recording)
    5. After that click on Properties button
    6. Here you have to select Levels tab
    7. Now you have to slide Mic in at rear panel to 100 (how loud you want sound pick up on the mic to sound)
    8. After that you have to slide Microphone Boost to +20.0 dB (how sensitivity you want the mic to be)
    9. Now try to test by speaking into the microphone and adjust as needed.
    10. Click OK button to close the box and then click the OK button on Sound box to close it.
    11. Test microphone on Yahoo Messenger, Skpye, etc, it should be working now.