Thread: Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera

Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop and it has a 'Motion Eye' camera which is built in the laptop itself. It was working fine on Windows XP, but after I did a upgrade to Windows Vista, this camera of Sony is not working at all with any messengers or any camera software. I have tried searching for this camera's driver for Vista, but in vain i couldnt find any. Is there anyone who got this laptops camera working on Vista System. Thanks for any information in advance.

Well, if there arent any drivers for this Motion Eye camera on Sony's website and then you are sole, since there is no other solution to get it working on Vista. The only thing that you can do is to reinstall the Windows XP operating system on your laptop and use the camera on it. Even on Sony website, they have suggested that this camera cant be used with Vista OS. So, try to restore windows xp back to the computer and use the webcam function that you want.

This "Motion Eye" webcam in Sony laptop is basically a ricoh device. Check the thread here which has the solution for this webcam, that is working under Windows 7 64 bit here - Windows 7 beta, 64x and Vaio, and Motion Eye Webcam, hope that this works out for people who are facing this problem.

I was also suffering from this same issue, when I installed Windows 7 64 bit on my Sony Vaio laptop, the Motion Eye stopped working. But after some search, I was able to use the webcam with skype messenger by the following method:

I had a Windows.old file in my C: drive, since instead of clean install I used some other method to reinstall windows 7 on my machine. And in this windows.old file I had to extract the driver for this webcam, so what i did was:

1. I went into Start and then Control Panel
    2. After that I selected View Devices & Printers
    3. Next I just double clicked on the USB Composite Device, selected Hardware Tab then Properties and under General Tab pressed Change Settings
    4. A new window , 'USB Composite Device Properties' will open
    5. Select Driver Tab, then Update Driver, you will be asked how to find the driver
    6. Select Browse My Computer for driver software
    7. Use Browse button to find old driver; on my machine it was:
      C:\Windows.old\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, then press Next
    8. This will cause the system to scan, locate and install the 'motion eye' driver(VGP_VCC4
    9. At the end of this the camera worked again on Skype but without sound. By clicking the Skype microphone mute button off then on again the sound was restored.

Re: Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera

Hi I have done a format and clean install of windows 7 and my motion eye camera isnt working either pulling my hair out now i have VGN=FE31H and running 32 bit. Any help much appreciated.
    \

Re: Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera

Thanks as a lot for this information: after 4 days of trying all the suggestion this worked!!! Many thanks mate!!!