Thread: Microsoft Remote Keyboard not working on Windows XP Media Center

Microsoft Remote Keyboard not working on Windows XP Media Center

I got a new bluetooth keyboard. It has a tiny usb dongle. I have a Media Center PC. I bought the wireless keyboards as it is very comfortable to use it while watching movies. But after connecting it, XP is not detecting the keyboard. The keyboard is last used by my brother. He said there is no problem with it. I think there is some thing missing in XP. He told me that I just have to connect the bluetooth dongle and turn the keyboard on. It will work. There are lights on the keyboard and the battery is also working fine.

Your system might need right drivers for that. That is the reason you are not able to get it worked. I am also having a Media Center system. I bought a new Logitech wireless keyboard. It was not working in start. Later on I installed the keyboard drivers and it worked. Go on Device Manager by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Hardware. Check that you have any new device listed as unknown or with some exclamation mark. Right click on that and choose update drivers.