Thread: Driver Download for Intel 82945G Chipset Family

Driver Download for Intel 82945G Chipset Family

I found a driver update for Intel 82945G Chipset Family. I allowed the update. After installation the system restarted and on boot there is no display on the screen. I am using Windows Vista. I have 3GB ram and Pentium D Processor. The update version was 7.14.10.1364. I through adding this one would help me to gain a bit more better performance and output. But this simply cause more problem. After installation the system is just not giving any display. It was possible to get in safe mode. I removed the update from control panel. But with that my display driver was also affected. My resolution is very poor. How can I get the old settings back.

Did you tried System Restore. If on then click on the Start button and in the search box below type System Restore. Click on the application and in that choose Restore to older point. Choose the date before updates was installed. Perform a reboot and then try back. It will help you to get your old display settings back and this is one of the best way to restore the original resolution.

I did the same, but nothing happened. The issue is same as it was before. It looks a issue of drivers to me. They are corrupted or simply deleted due to update removal. I do not have any disc or source from where I can re-download the driver back again.

re: Driver Download for Intel 82945G Chipset Family

You can try using Windows Update Catalog to find the right drivers. If you are not aware about the official driver website. Windows Update has number of drivers updates and other related support. You can try by adding updates manually. So do this. Restart your system first. Go to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates. In that list look for your chipset driver support and install that only. Restart and see whether you are able to get the right resolution or not.

Instead of trying Windows Update it will be better for you to look for new driver. You can found that on the manufacturer website. Just verify properly the model of your motherboard. Search for drivers and then check back. And also remember that you need Vista drivers only. Do not go for any XP or other drivers. Because Vista is a bit buggy about driver compatibility. You will need to remove all old update and driver from your system. You can do that in safe mode and then run the fresh setup of your original drivers. Just reboot and you will be able to get back your old settings.

Boot in Safe Mode and then go in Device Manager. Right click on the display adapter and choose un-install. Restart your system. Vista will try to locate and find appropriate drivers for that. I had installed my old webcamera and printer through this method.