Thread: Appropriate Vista printer drivers for HP Photosmart C4200

Appropriate Vista printer drivers for HP Photosmart C4200

I am using HP Photosmart C4200 printer. First it is connected to my desktop through usb connectivity. It is installed and it works quiet fine. I had purchased a new HP laptop. I had configured the printer on it. The installation was fine and Ic an print certain page. But whenever I re-connect the printer I have to install it again and again. Doesn't Vista remember the settings of a printer. In my desktop which has Windows XP I do not require to install the printer every time when I connect. But in the laptop whenever I connect it, it ask for the driver. It look someone keeps on uninstalling th printer settings.

This happens if you are trying to install the printer in a limited account. Do this one in Admin account and I think the next time you will not require to add the printer drivers again and again. Sometime when you unplug the printer it looses it unique id. I am not sure about the exact reason behind that but this use to happen with my scanner. When you add a new hardware the OS provides it a unique id and on that basis it identifies it. Yet there is no workaround available for making the unique id constant. There can be some internal OS issue or updates due to which you lose them and you need to install the driver again and again.